Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The 25-patty challenge

Hooray for lunch breaks without homework! :)

I found some articles on indoor/outdoor cats. It seems like it is much much better for them to be indoor cats. Maybe we can leash -train him. He would probably hate it at first but at least he'd be able to go outside. I guess we'll see.

So, Geoff wants to enter the EZ Take Out Burger challenge and eat a 25-patty hamburger. 25!!! I think the most any of the contestants had been able to eat was 12. He has purposely planned it for a Friday (July 17th) so he can take a few days to recooperate. And 17 is his old baseball number, for motivation. He's so pumped, he's researching strategies on preparing for eating contests. I guess he did win a steak-eating contest back home in highschool. Still...

I think he's going to be sick as a dog. As a horse who swallowed a dog. I hope he doesn't die. What if we have to have his stomach pumped? The insurance probably won't cover that, will it? He's going to need a stomach pump, a colon cleanse, and an overall major detox. Oh well better than him dying. It's a good thing I'll be there.

There is no class for me at all this week!! Professor cancelled it because he said he heard that students do better when you give them a break. (Uh huh.) But I am not complaining! I still have to study for and take two exams, but no class. Last night after work I came home and made dinner, did a couple loads of laundry, cleaned the kitchen, went to the gym, and came home and showered, all before I'm normally even home. The awesomeness.

5 comments:

JohnnyB said...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Orem-UT/EZ-Take-Out-Burger/13048666871

It says the most recent record is 20 - Geoff better hurry or someone will beat him to 25. ;-)

I think I would never be able to eat another burger if I tried something like that. But everyone needs goals in life: Wally wants to go outside, Geoff wants to eat mass burgerage.

Cali said...

Exactly right, JohnnyB! Without goals, we go nowhere in life. :)

Wow 20! I am amazed that someone ate that much in one sitting! And thank you for researching the validity of my blog content. Without your help, I might accidentally write that the earth is round, or you know, something crazy like that. *wink* (At least I've got the basics right, right? I mean, the sky is blue, two plus two equals four except in contemporary abstract algebra... you know, the basics).

I got home and told Geoff about that, and he said there was a picture of someone who did a Take 24 on the wall of fame thing. I obviously missed that picture. But maybe that was just an attempt at Take 24, since facebook says the current record is 20. Oh well, it will be a day to remember nonetheless.

JohnnyB said...

Cali, being an accountant, you should understand: I see a number and I have to audit it! It's a sickness!
Actually, I had never heard of EZ Take Out and was curious. The burger looks tasty, but the record seems to be increasing rapidly!

Cali said...

Ha ha, that is true. I'm just giving you a hard time. Actually I'm just happy that you read my blog at all. I appreciate your comments! :)

Here's to Geoff and his breaking the record before it gets TOO big, lol!

Chakeshemo said...

I'm just glad you showered.