Sunday, June 28, 2009

I think Wally is bored.

We could count on one hand the number of times we've let Wally go outside in the year and a half we've had him. By his reaction the first time we let him out, I don't think he'd ever been allowed to roam outside before. (He was four when we got him.) His favorite thing to do is sit at the sliding glass window and watch the outside.

Tonight we let him out for about five minutes. He stayed close by, but then I got worried about him eating something that his immune system isn't prepared to handle and brought him back in. Oh, he cried and fussed, and kept scratching at the sliding glass door handle. He was obviously frustrated and wanted to go out so bad. He kept letting out the most pitiful-sounding meows; I felt so bad for him.

I've been wondering if a strictly indoor cat who's been declawed could ever be an outdoor/indoor cat? I want to let him out so bad, I just worry that he'll be attacked by a dog (there are a lot of little ones in our neighborhood), and he gets really sick if he eats anything other than his special brand of catfood. Like maybe he'd need shots or something before we could let him do that. I don't know? I just feel bad for him. Jokes aside, he's only got one life too.

On another note - Geoff is wanting to look for an extra, part-time, evening job as something to keep him busy in the evenings, now that he won't ever have night school again. I'm really fine with this - it might even be easier to concentrate on homework if he is busy too - as long as he doesn't have to work on weekends. I don't really want him to work on weekends, cuz that's really the only time we get to do some actual hanging out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He can work as an usher at all these summer concerts. Most of them are on week nights. Just an idea.