Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday

We are starting a new wellness program at work - this time our CFO wanted to form our own, and offered to fund the prizes. I was asked to be in the little planning committee - don't know why, I guess they needed someone to balance out the ambitions of the crazy exercisers (whom I love... well... except salesmen, I stink we get on each other's nerves). Anywho, I hadn't planned on participating until school is done, but after discussing how we're going to try for 100% participation I sorta feel like I should, ya know? At least until fall semester starts.

After work today Geoff and I both went to the testing center and worked on capstone until seven, when they kicked us out.

Speaking of work, Geoff seems to be enjoying his job. They're going to start doing this "building relationships" thing with investors (involving presentations and I'm not sure what else)- Geoff is nervous about it but is actually really excited to put himself out there, get out of his comfort zone and do a good job at it. Yesterday he volunteered to go clean up the streets of Provo to get ready for the Freedom Festival and got put in the BYU newspaper. I'm really happy for him that his first work experience after school is turning out to be a good one.

Anyway after the test we got dinner and watched Ghost Adventures, which we love! This episode was done on a Louisiana plantation where they had slaves, and now the government owns it. There was a lot of voodoo stuff. The whole thing intrigues me - that part of the south, it's history, the landscape, culture and feel... or rather, the feel as I know it through movies and TV shows. (Like I say, it intrigues me, I have never been there.) And now... bedtime. Got more capstone tomorrow and hopefully that'll be the last day - at least for the simulation.

And I love my cat so much even when he poops and it stinks the whole house up.

1 comment:

NaDell said...

Your company always sounds SO great! Fantastic prizes and gifts. Wow.
When you said that Geoff was out cleaning up the streets, I didn't think you really meant that. I figured he was doing a ride-along with a policeman because that's what Andy says about our brother-in-law policeman. He's "out cleaning up our streets."

Wait until you have kids on that last paragraph. I'm glad you can put up with a stinky animal.....