Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fun 4th

Last night we went to mom and dad's for a barbeque. Boy my dad really has the backyard decked out. They've got a patio with a canopy bench-swing, patio table & chairs with umbrella, a separate alcove thing with a backyard firepit, and topped it off with tiki torches. I'm pretty sure the tiki torches stay out all summer long. It's their own little haven for relaxing in the summer, they love it. It was fun and relaxing. We did a few fireworks -they had gotten them in Evanston if you know what I mean - but you should've seen the party going on up and down the street. There were probably four other families doing illegal fireworks - the really cool kind that light up the sky. Every time one went off -which was a lot- everyone cheered and whooped and hollered. We could've been in Mexico on New Year's. It was so fun. And yes I did think about our country and the sacrifices of those in service of it. I'm thankful for them. I love the 4th of July.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

... and don't forget the pink flamingo in the yard.

It was fun having you there!

NaDell said...

Hey, I was thinking of you last night after I woke up from a weird dream. I dreamed I was on the c-section table having a baby. Where'd that come from? Analize that. I was on the table, just like I was with the three other kids I had getting ready for the c-section, battering small talk with the anesthesiologist, and woke up just before the "baby" was born. So weird.
The more I think about it though, the more I'm thinking it was the conversation I had with my sister-in-laws yesterday about umbilical cords. I'm NOT pregnant. I know that.
Glad you had a great Fourth!

Cali said...

Ha ha... um, I might be a little afraid to ask why that made you think of me... :) Crazy dream!

NaDell said...

I mentioned it because you always tell us your crazy dreams.

Cali said...

Oh! ha ha