Saturday, July 4, 2009

Life is a highway, I'm goin' drive it all night long

So here's how it is - I really want to just take a road trip in August - the more I thought about flying to the east coast the more uncomfortable with it I got. I just want to be able to drive somewhere. Somewhere with boardwalks and beaches. Warm beaches, where I can lay in the sun and dream for awhile. So, San Diego it is. I'd love for Geoff to come but he doesn't want to ask for time off, not even two days, so I'm kind of looking for a travel friend. We'll see how that goes.

It feels really lonesome to think about going down there by myself. But there's also some freedom in it - just going and doing what when and where I want. I'm not even making reservations. I don't know when or where I'm going to stop or stay, or what I'm going to do when I get there, but dammit, I'm going on vacation.

The only thing I worry about is driving into the wrong so-cal neighborhood in a bright red car. Since I'm doing it my way anyway maybe I'll get a white or silver rental. Is that being too paranoid?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It really is nice to go by yourself. I am thinking (very seriously) of taking myself to NYC in September just by myself. It's incredibly freeing. Go for it. :)

Cali said...

Okay! Thanks for the encouragement SDF! That helps me feel a little more excited about it!! :)

kenna said...

Or you can have me come...

Toones said...

Im really bummed Cali. But its your vaca. have fun in California.