Monday, July 13, 2009

one loud ghost

Okay, I know I sound like a psycho when I talk about this stuff, but I'm gonna anyway. Our bedroom is friggin' haunted. Last night was awful, I didn't get to sleep until 2 a.m. We hear sounds every night after we've turned the lights off, but usually it's just a couple of little things, and then it stops and we go to sleep. I've come to think of them as the "normal sounds." Like, the TV makes a loud cracking noise, as though someone were trying to disturb it's happy existence by pushing it off the dresser. (I've heard this can happen with TV's, so it probably isn't anything.) We also hear crackling/crinkling sounds like a shopping bag settling. Even when the room is squeaky clean. Other than that, there might be some little clicks or pops here and there, but that is probably just the house settling. Once in a great while we seem to hear scratching on the wall, it's loud and definately in the room, and we can't explain that, or the crinkling.

Last night, I sat up in bed reading with the booklight while Geoff slept. Heard all the usual noises, the tv crack, the crinkling, clicking and popping. I laid down and tried to sleep but the noise was everywhere. The apartment above us is currently for rent and has been empty for weeks, so it isn't that. I was actually getting really annoyed and at one point said out loud, "Whatever." A few seconds later there was a loud knock on the wall, then a pause, then another knock. The first knock startled me, the second one sent me scrambling onto Geoff's side of the bed, freaked out. I frantically asked him if he'd heard it. He had; it had woken him up. I tried to tell him there were noises everywhere and he calmly said, "it's just noises, just noises," and went back to sleep. I laid awake for another half hour and finally asked Geoff to trade me sides of the bed so I could be away from the TV-side of the room where all the noises were, and he patiently did. Around two I fell asleep.

Geoff remembered the knocking this morning too. It came from the wall that divides the bedrooms. I've looked for anything that could've made that noise - probably from Wally moving around. There is nothing against the wall that could've made such loud, distint knocks on the wall, not even Wally's little cat body. We've got the mattress from the old bed leaning up against the wall and a file cabinet. I'm tellin' ya.

Last year sometime I lovingly named our ghost Nolan. Geoff forgets his name all the time and refers to him as Norvul, lol.

3 comments:

JohnnyB said...

Nolan and/or Norvul could be critters in your wall. Which is creepier, a mouse or a ghost?

Billy said...

I think you should try and talk with "Nolan." Say something like, "So where you from.....originally? Can you do something to let me know you're really here, like knock or scratch on the wall?" Perhaps Nolan is really like Casper, and is a friendly ghost.

Cali said...

JohnnyB - ew, what if you're right? Mmm I think mice would definitely be scarier. Our building is pretty new, but we are close to some empty fields. Ew!

Billy - we have actually considered doing an EVP session. We're a little scared we might actually hear something. But we're thinkin' about it!