Sunday, July 19, 2009

They treat all humanity the same

So, call me weird, I was googling pictures of skinwalkers. It brought me to this blog. Strange context aside, this is the sort of thing that breaks my heart. Someone who wants only to be obedient, and harbors such hope and torment together, in trying to find their place. Yes, I am conflicted, yes, I have some "cognitive dissonance." There have been some who tried to tell me my beliefs are wrong and I am wrong because of such things, and I just want to push them away. A bit of my light has gone out lately with all considerations. I can't expect to know all mysteries. All I know is I just want to cry and reach out to those who struggle so much. Does God really intend for some to hurt so much?

2 comments:

Chakeshemo said...

A kind loving God? No. I see the problem as man's own design of Whom God is. The whole concept is limited by mans interpretation of a Creator; and conjured, weak attempts of defining God in ways that we can comprehend Him. Just a thought.

Anonymous said...

I've had "cognitive dissonance" too, but I'm much better now, thank you. It's still hard going against the popular belief, but I'm learning to accept it and live with it, whether people feel I'm right or wrong. You have to decide in your heart what you want to believe, and we should all respect each other for our choices. Whether gay or straight, a believer, or non-believer, we should love and accept each other regardless. People hurt people, not God. I don't think God would intend for those who are hurting to hurt so much.