Monday, August 31, 2009

I know I just poo-poo'd it

My professor used that phrase today, and I can't think of blog titles, ever, so that's the title.

I talked with my professor, whom I consider a fair and rational person, about my frustrations with class availability for night students at UVU. He said it's usually a no-win situation. He said out of the three insitutions he's been involved in, UVU is the most accomodating for night students. BYU has a take-it-or-leave-it policy where you must adhere to their strictly daytime schedule or find another major. BYU blows dirt. I will never go there.

At any rate, it did help me have some more - GASP dare I say it - appreciation for UVU. At least I'm getting a degree, even though I will not be able to get into the accounting grad programs with it alone. A guy that's been in a few of my classes had his sights on a MACC but he was going to work early in the morning, then to class, then back to work, then to class, then back to work, then back to class again all in one day. He did it for one day and realized it was not going to work, so he dropped the class he needed and is taking this evening one with me. He said he's just going to do a regular MBA. I still think that is sad.

I think I'm just going to do University of Phoenix or something else that offers a purely online program. Hopefully I can find one. Another plus is that I can start that on my own schedule, without worrying about where we're going to end up living with Geoff's work/school and whatever happens. Even if we have kids, I can still do an online program without as much difficulty as having to syncopate schedules with Geoff so that one of us is always home.

Anyway, I must talk more about birthday stuff because my friends at work are so awesome! Ang baked me two pies- berry and chocolate cream. I LOVE PIE. And Ang has this talent where nothing she ever bakes goes wrong. It's all amazing. And she and Anna gave me a $30 gift certificate to Olive Garden. And my work gave me a gift certificate to the movies. They are so wonderful! I am so lucky! And had such a great birthday!! And Geoff's dad called to wish me happy birthday and chat as well. He is such a nice person. He has such a great family. (they are my great family too!)

Chipped my tooth trying to take a staple out. Yes I bit the staple, yes I'm just that S-M-R-T. Hello Dentist. My teeth will be gone by the time I'm 30. Well I really wanted to go spend my Maurices gift certificate today but I still have much homework so I better do that before it gets too late.

1 comment:

Chakeshemo said...

do you mean prairie dog'in?