Sunday, August 30, 2009

A quarter-century old

In the spring, I wrote a recommendation letter for a friend who was in the adoption process. Last night, I got a picture text, their little girl!! I am so ecstatic for them! No one deserves it more than they do and they are going to make the most awesome parents in the entire world, no doubt about it. I hear it was quite the ordeal though, as they drove to Arizona for the birth and then the birth mother changed her mind. So they turned around, devastated of course, and were halfway home when they got a phone call from the birth mother saying she had made a mistake and changed her mind again. So, I believe it's official! They should be home sometime this week.

In the four months since I was released from my calling, all three of the girls I worked with in the primary have a new addition to the family. Crazy!

Geoff has been so good to me this weekend. It's my birthday today, and we are going to mom & dad's in a few minutes. Yesterday, Geoff and I went to the temple in the morning, which I really enjoyed to be honest. It has been quite a long time since we've been together, and I know I'm to blame. But it was really nice, and then we came home and took a nap. Then he made me dinner of barbeque pork, potatos and corn on the cob (very delicious) and surprised me with my new favorite for dessert - pecan pie! We watched some movies and he gave me a shoulder rub. What a sweet hubby is he!

Also my grandma called and left a voicemail singing happy birthday (she's so cute), and Denise sent me a birthday card with $60, and one person in church even remembered from forever ago and wished me happy birthday. How sweet!

3 comments:

NaDell said...

Happy Birthday! Hope today you get spoiled as well.
Going to the Temple together always feels good. Gotta add it to the calendar more here too.

JohnnyB said...

Happy belated birthday!

Cali said...

Thanks Johnny and NaDell!