Thursday, September 10, 2009

more schooliosis

We did a presentation in my fraud class tonight. It went very well, and it's over, whew. That makes one down, two to go.

I talked with our CPA today about school. He agreed that University of Phoenix is expensive and that I should just do an MBA with accounting emphasis at the Utah State program they have here. It's held at UVU every Friday night and Saturday morning. That was the initial route I had wanted to follow, but it has those dang prerequisites that I can't take at UVU. Also, UVU is starting their own MBA program next fall which is offered every Friday night and Saturday morning. I don't know why they did that; maybe they're trying to push Utah State out of the way and take the students that had planned on doing that. Anyway. It's just the dang prerequisites.

2 comments:

JohnnyB said...

It certainly sounds to me like Phoenix U is way overpriced. The premium for convenience is exorbitant. I also wonder if a degree from there is regarded very highly. I know it's none of my business but, hard as it is, it seems that continuing with the course you are on is best.

Cali said...

Thanks. I value the honest opinions of those who have maybe been down a somewhat similar path already! There is so much to think of!