Sunday, November 15, 2009

Mmm hmmm

So I pretty much spent the rest of the day (and night!) on homework yesterday. This morning we had tithing settlement, then came home and did homework, then went to church, then came home and did homework. Finished about 7:00 and wanted to make mom's yummy carmel popcorn - it gets soft and dry so it's not sticky and it's soooo good. But, of course I burned the carmel - suggesting that I cooked it too long, and then it never dried - suggesting that I didn't cook it long enough. What do you do? So, it tastes like gooey burnt-marshmallow carmel popcorn. Oh well. I love my hubby.

4 comments:

DeAnna said...

You were in my dream last night! You were separated from Geoff and ordering new stuff to live a single life and I was convincing you that you were crazy...I'm glad that it was only a dream and that you still love your hubby.

Lyndsie said...

Cali, you're so cute. I love you you go from gooey-burnt popcorn to "oh well. I love my hubby." I love reading your blog. It never fails to make me smile. :) <~~ see?

NaDell said...

This is my mom's easy microwave recipe for popcorn. It makes a yummy soft carmel too. You may need to cut the recipe in half for just you and Geoff though. This makes a lot.

Poppycock for Popcorn
Ingredients:
1 ¼ cup Sugar
1 cup Butter
½ cup Corn Syrup
1 teaspoon Vanilla
Instructions:
Mix sugar, butter, and corn syrup together in a glass or microwave safe bowl and microwave 10-15 minutes. Stir one time. Add vanilla. Pour on popped popcorn and stir.

Rach said...

I remember when your mom and aunt came to visit us in Germany and they made the best fudge. We never could get it just right like they did. Your mom has the touch for candy.