Monday, February 8, 2010

Duh... it's the remote

I think we finally figured out what has been making that crackling noise in the bedroom all this time.
Geoff noticed that if you hold it in your hand and squeeze, it makes the noises. And since we don't have nightstands, we usually just drop it on the floor at night, which explains why we hear it coming from different parts of the room all the time. I don't know why it crackles when no one is touching it, but it doesn't seem that far-fetched to me. So anyway. I'm letting Nolan off the hook for this one. :)

4 comments:

Cali said...

I am very relieved that it isn't mice.

JohnnyB said...

Haha - glad I was wrong.
The crackling could be wireless signals from a router or from cell phones or could be static electricity or ghosts trying to watch TV while you sleep.

Cali said...

Those ghosts can't leave well enough alone.

Anonymous said...

Haha, funny post.

I know the crackling noise JohnnyB is talking about...happened when I owned a Blackberry, always crackled my speakers on my computer so that's still a possibility.

If it is a ghost, you should start tape recording next time the noise occurs. You could catch an EVP (can't remember what it stands for, but the ghost hunting class I took shared a bunch that they've captured.) It's just voices that are captured once you play it back. You like watching those ghost hunting shows, you probably know what I'm talking about!