Monday, February 1, 2010

Going private Feb. 2nd or 3rd

Please send me your email address so I can add ya as a reader! I really hate that I'm going private - when other people go private, I usually stop reading their blogs, or checking them regularly anyway. So I don't blame anyone for doing the same with me, although I really hope to continue the same friendships even though it's a huge hassle to have to sign in!

In our staff meeting today, they introduced a new blogging policy, which would follow the same basic rules as the non-disclosure we sign. They said if we blog about the company, we have to include a disclaimer that we are not representing or speaking for the company in any way, even though that's not a complete catch-all. I've been very careful to never mention the name of the company I work for, the names or situations of our clients, and I rarely use any coworker's names unless they are readers and leave an occasional comment anyway. And 99% of what I post about work is positive. However, my job is a big part of my life and I don't want to give them any reason to get rid of me at this point. So that's why I'm going private.

Along the same lines, my job is a big part of my life, so I don't just want to stop blogging about it. In ten years, I want to look back and be able to see what fueled my decisions and what made me who I am and blah blah - and if I have to leave such things out of my blog then there's really no purpose in having one.

So anyway, it sucks, but I will do it until my employment there has ended. So, please send me your email address if you'd like to continue reading! If you don't want to post it online, my personal email address is calileo2002@hotmail.com.

Thanks!

PS - I meant to add that I totally understand where they're coming from, no hard feelings or anything. :)

2 comments:

Lyndsie said...

You're worth the hassle. :)

landrburgener@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Add me, add me!! You know my address.