Sunday, February 28, 2010

Mmm.

Well the news has stopped the constant coverage of the Chile quakes, though I've heard there are numerous big aftershocks going on. I keep being told not to worry, but I just think about it constantly. I'm sure the mission home is taking care of all the missionaries though. Still here I sit in my comfy home, watching TV and stuff, knowing that there's quite a different situation going on down there. The church released a statement that said all the Chile missionaries (not just the ones from her mission) are accounted for and safe - really quite amazing! I'm so glad. I just couldn't imagine the devastation. Anyway. Now we just wait for her email tomorrow. My heart really goes out to those who are affected by this tragedy.

Been thinking about the fact that we live on a huge fault line here on the Wasatch front. Been hearing about the projected "big one" since I was little. I think we are pretty well prepared for an emergency, much thanks to Geoff's dad for sending us that huge Emergency Essentials kit; still the thought is scary.

1 comment:

Jessica GaleForce said...

Yeah I wonder when that will ever come! Of course I heard a number of years ago that "the big one" actually hit before this area was populated by the pale faces. Who knows, better to be prepared then not right :)

Glad your sister is safe!