Monday, March 1, 2010

Al's letter.

The letter Alison sent today is here. I was pretty shocked when I read it but so so grateful for the people who watched over her. They actually tried to go back in the building and go back to bed after the initial quake, but one of the members came looking for them and got them out of the building and let them hang out with their family until the Elders came. I just want to hug that nameless person; I'm so grateful to him for looking out for them, even when he had his own family to tend to. It's so sad that he and his family, along with so many people, are without their homes now. I just wish I could fix it for them. I know natural disasters happen a lot, but this one has obviously hit close to home. I really wish there was more I could do. But I am so so so grateful that she has been so looked after.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trust Al for wanting to go back to bed after that. To think she's basically homeless now, along with millions of other people. I wish I could offer our home to them. Hey, I know one person we could offer it to!

Anonymous said...

Alison, silly.