Monday, August 16, 2010

Happy Birthday to Blog

This last weekend was fun. We went to this Lake City craft fair in SLC on Saturday; it was all local artists selling their crafts – there was some interesting stuff. We didn’t buy anything, but Geoff picked up a few business cards. One of the things we liked was this girl who takes the boring scenic pictures like the kind you see in hotel rooms, and paints over them, usually with mythic or morbid characters, like zombies or men with chainsaws and blood. She actually makes it look like it’s part of the original painting. Probably not something you’d put in your living room, but fun to look at. We saw Natalee and Elyse there – they were looking for a stitching booth.

We came home and took a nap, read books, watched some shows, walked Gwennie. Sunday was much the same, except I tried to make scones and candied sweet potatoes. The sweet potatoes turned out good but the scones were gross... maybe cuz they were baked, not fried. Anyway.

Oh on Friday we checked out a few baby names books, just for fun, to look up the meanings of names. There were a lot we liked, but the one that jumped out at me was Ronan. It’s Celtic – I liked a lot of the Celtic names – but that name is so cute!

Also - I noticed that yesterday was the 3-year birthday of this blog.  It seems like longer!  800 posts, goodness, that is soooo much blogging!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my co-workers has a little boy named Ronan. It means "little seal". And it all makes sense that you love the name because you're part Scottish/Welsh. I love it!

Cali said...

I am?? ha ha!! I thought I was just part native american.

Anonymous said...

Well duh. You have another part too ;-) (your mom's side)