Thursday, September 16, 2010

1% ers

So the other day Geoff was gassing up at a 7-11 in Salt Lake, and three one-percenters, Banditos, came to the store while he was there.  He's seen all the biker gangs on the Gangland TV show and it fascinates him.  He recognized not only who they were, but could tell which two were still "in training" and which one was the full-fledged member, and said they were even following protocols.  It kills me.  I'm so glad he didn't get too excited and say or do something to draw negative attention, cuz those people are freakin' scary.  (Thankfully he is smarter than that.)  Especially if they haven't completed their initiation or whatever it is, who knows.  You may think I sound paranoid or overly-judgemental, but I'd say you seriously can't be too careful; they don't get the name one-percenters without reason.  I just don't get the whole gang violence mentality.  Really, that's all there is to live for?  It's just sad and it makes me angry when they intentionally hurt other people (not just biker gangs but any gang).  Just so pointless.  Anyway, that's my little rant.  Sorry about that.

There's another biker gang that he sees members from driving around SLC once in awhile, but hasn't been able to read the name on the jacket.  Mom and dad ran into some in Colorado one time (I think Colorado?) and mom actually asked to have her picture taken with them; I forget what group they were from.  She said they were really nice... they were HUGE.  She crazy lady.

Geoff's dad is on his way down from Oregon (almost here) and will be staying with us for a few days, so I might not blog for a few days.  Celebrate the fact that tomorrow is the weekend!  Yay!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was in Moab and they were the Banditos.

Anonymous said...

I met some once while I was driving down the street here in Ogden. I had my windows rolled down and they asked me if I wanted to have a BBQ with them. And then they busted a cap in some guy's face. They are scary.

Lorraine said...

I think the most scary ones I've run into are "Sons of Silence". We saw them in Sturgis, even the Hells Angels stay away from them. eek!